Due to its proximity with the Mediterranean sea, Barcelona’s cuisine mainly consists of exquisite seafood; besides, the use of cereals, vegetables, and fruits. All this makes its cuisine one of the healthiest and the city popularly known as the “Capital of Mediterranean diet”. Being in the city visitors are always eager to try the so popular Tapas that are a wide variety of appetizers or snacks in Spanish cuisine. Good Tapas restaurants are:
* Bar Celta Pulpería is a tapas bar known for its tasty octopus dishes.
* Cal Pep is one of the most known tapas restaurants in Barcelona. The food is always fresh and tasty. The service and staff are very hospitable.
* Can Ramonet is a tavern, founded in the 18th century. It is known as the oldest one in Barcelona.
Cafeteria and Confectionery
The typical Spanish delicacy of ‘churros y chocolate’ is often referred to as a Spanish doughnut and it is a fried-dough cake, long and thin and dusted in sugar- usually created in a loop shape. They are often seen sold at fairgrounds in the streets and markets from vans, serving them fresh in cones of paper. However, they are also served in typical Spanish cafés known as ‘granjas’. Famous and popular granjas places with tourists and locals are:
* La Pallaresa: Calle Petritxol, 11 / 08002 Barcelona
* La Granja: Carrer Banys Nous, 4 / 08002 Barcelona, Spain
* Granja M. Viader: Xuclà, 4 – 6 / 08001 – Barcelona
Bars and Clubs
Barcelona is a city that doesn’t sleep and it is because of the famous Spanish siesta. As for Barcelona’s nightlife itself, it is very much in keeping with the trendy city. Famous night clubs in the city are:
* Apolo Club: It is two clubs in one, made up of two adjacent venues – Apolo 1 and Apolo 2. The address is: Calle Nou de la Rambla, 107-113 / 08004 Barcelona
* Las Terrrazza Club: It’s an open-air club situated above Barcelona overlooking the city in Montjuïc mountain. The address is: Poble Espanyol / Avenida de Francesc Ferrer i Guardia, 13 – 27 / 08038 Barcelona
* Boulevard (or BLVD): It is one of Barcelona’s most centrally situated clubs, at La Ramblas. The address is: Las Ramblas, 27 / 08002 Barcelona