The city of Los Angeles is one of the most popular places for local and international food. Some of the meals that should be tasted when there, include Fugu (blowfish specially cooked into a spicy, garlicky stew), Romanesco broccoli (Made into a salad with pureed anchovies, roasted whole with a dribble of olive oil or sliced and sautéed with garlic and capers) or San Nak Ji (octopus, served chopped and still wiggling on a platter).
Good places to have a meal in or around L.A. are as follows:
* Urasawa: Urasawa offers amazing Japanese cuisine, presented in glorious style with amazing service.
* Masan: The best option for tasting octopus dishes.
* Pizzeria Mozza: This is a typical westside restaurant with great pizza and exceptional service.
Cafeteria and Confectionery
Some fine things (both local and international) that tourists usually try are Goat’s Milk Gelato (ice cream with a strong, animal taste of goat’s milk with tossed goat cheese along with a handful of toasted, unsweetened cacao nibs), Sesame Cream Puffs (airy, eggy, stuffed to order with blackish, with sesame-flavored whipped cream) and Chocolate Almond Crunch (dark Belgian chocolate cake with three layers of fresh whipped cream and caramelized almonds.)
* Bulgarini Gelato: 749 E Altadena Dr, Altadena, CA 91001
* Patisserie Chantilly: 2383 Lomita Blvd #104, Lomita, CA 90717
* Sweet Lady Jane: 8360 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90069
Bars and Clubs
Bars and clubs worth a visit are:
* Avalon Hollywood: It is an emblematic night club and music venue. The address is: 1735 Vine Street, Los Angeles, CA 90028
* Seven Grand: It is a nice place decorated with wooden panels and deer heads on the wall. It offers one of the largest whiskey selections. The address is: 515 W 7th St #2, Los Angeles, CA 90014
* Bardot: It is a small and intimate venue with nice music. The address is: 1737 Vine St, Hollywood, CA 90028